In our new podcast series “Pioniere der Nachhaltigkeit” (German: “Pioneers of Sustainability”), we conduct expert discussions for you with leaders from the entire packaging world. The motto of the series: Revolutionising the packaging industry together! The guest of the first episode is marketer and innovation-evangelist Alexander Drees. More than 25 years of experience in the management of leading FMCG brands such as Maggi, Wagner, Tassimo and Leifheit, among others, and a pronounced enthusiasm for the topic of innovation make him the perfect interlocutor.
Without packaging innovation, our industry cannot be successful when it comes to sustainability. However, it is doomed to success, because sustainability has become a decisive differentiator for brands. And this is precisely where packaging has a key role to play. Brands need to drive packaging innovation much more consistently than before and collaborate to do so from the outset.
With these key messages in advance, we invite you to the first podcast in our new series (currently only available in German). Under the motto “Revolutionizing the packaging industry together!” we engage with leaders from the entire packaging world.
The guest of the first episode is Alexander Drees. The seasoned marketer has more than 25 years of experience managing leading FMCG brands in the food and non-food sectors. He has had a significant influence on the development of brands such as Maggi, Wagner, Tassimo and Leifheit and describes himself as an innovation evangelist.
The 29-minute expert talk will focus on the importance of innovations for (global) brands in general and the role of packaging in particular.
Look forward to sharp insights and clear answers to questions like:
- What is the importance of brands today and where are the challenges?
- Are quality, innovation and environmental sustainability still the right dimensions in a brand’s profile?
- Has innovation gained in importance and where are the concrete challenges at the moment?
- Has packaging continued to gain in importance and what are the primary requirements it must fulfil today?
- What is the problem with digital packaging and the digital value chain?
- How well does cooperation in the packaging value chain work with regard to the innovation topics of sustainability and digitalisation?
You are welcome to listen to the podcast via the following podcast channels (currently only available in German):
Alternatively, feel free to read the podcast transcript in English, available here.