Our sister Berndt+Partner Creality is one of the leading agencies for holistic packaging development, innovation and design. The colleagues have recently published their latest Packaging Report. The content: Lots of industry insights on the topics of sustainability and packaging.
The core findings, which are also based on the survey of 92 decision-makers from leading and international companies in the consumer goods industry, include:
- Sustainability strategies have been developed and established in almost all companies. Corresponding initiatives are implemented primarily through material and CO2 reductions and the increased use of recycled materials.
- In brand management, sustainability plays a prominent role in only a small proportion of companies. The focus is still on other brand aspects, which are given preference.
- However, only some of the companies succeed in operationally transferring the sustainability strategy into packaging practice. There is an increased need above all for sustainability guidelines for future developments.
- When sustainability initiatives fail, it is usually because the additional costs are too high. Other important factors are machine system constraints, lack of availability of sustainable materials or the lack of a common denominator of cost, product protection, technology and environment.
- The greatest pressure to act with regard to sustainability comes from changes in consumer behavior. Legal requirements are also an important driver.
If you would like to receive the complete Packaging Report as a download, you are welcome to visit B+P Creality here.